- You want the newest-baddest-smartphone, this leaves us with the big four carriers again (Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, T-mobile). This also means you'll be getting a 4G phone.
- This is an individual plan.
- You can make it on 450 anytime minutes a month. *
- You'll need at least 1000 texts a month. *
- You'll need at least 1 GB of data a month. *
So with that in mind, here's a list of the plans you'll be getting from each carrier and the associated monthly fee based on today's prices:
- T-mobile, $80, 1500 anytime minutes, unlimited text, unlimited web.
- Sprint, $80, 450 anytime minutes, unlimited text, unlimited web.
- AT&T, $85, 450 anytime minutes, 1000 texts, 2 GB of web.
- Verizon, $90, 450 anytime minutes, 5000 texts, unlimited web.
*This is based on an extensive study my phone usage, a "normal" smartphone user. I typically use about 300 anytime minutes, 700 texts, and 600 MB a month.