Top five android applications that were missed:
- Google Maps. Searching for the nearest gas station, looking at traffic. Most importantly, the free turn-by-turn navigation. Google maps is available on other mobile operating systems, however, the free-turn by turn navigation is a Google Android exclusive.
- News and Weather. Every morning before I wake up I'm used to checking the weather on this stock Android application. The news section is a great cross section of national and international news sources. This application is perfect for those times when you're waiting on someone.
- Bank of America. Or insert your bank app (i.e., Wells Fargo, Chase). When you're operating on a tight budget, having your bank information at your immediate disposal is a blessing. You never know if that chocolate twist donut you've been craving all day is going to make your overdraft.
- Flixster. The number one movie application for Android and the Apple iOS. If you frequent the movies often, this application is a must have. The application is gorgeous and easy to navigate.
- Browser. Without the web, I felt naked. Knowledge was no longer at my fingertips. As a friend, Matt, once said referring to smartphones, "How else would you ever settle bar disputes on the spot?" It's not like we walk around with a paperback Wikipedia.